Monday, October 5, 2009

General Conference Weekend

Our stake president wanted to know what families do on Saturdays. Our Relief Society President sent out an email and I replied. This Saturday we have two soccer games with Dane and Shay. Shay will get his pictures taken and Noble has an all day marching band competition. We will not go to the competition so we can run home to see general conference. Todd had to work in the afternoon of Saturday and all day Sunday so he will have to see those 3 sessions later. I felt sad that Noble, Todd and Shay missed the priesthood session. I asked Shay if he wanted to go with someone else and since he had a sleep over and stayed up till 1:30 am! He was cranky and needed to take a nap in the afternoon.

Devree is excited to have a part in the play. She plays an old woman so the walker will be appropriate. She is excited to be performing next Monday with the choir. Noble and Devree are excited to join a "show choir" that is after school with practices. Devree continues with her physical and occupational therapy and is improving in both.

Conference was very inspirational with several awesome quotes. I will leave you some of my favorites. Pres. Uchtdorf "Let us be known as those who love God and our neighbors." Elder Scot "Faith can be more than what you see and hear." I have experienced that one with this experience with Devree. I thought it was interesting to hear that Pres. Monson loves "O Divine Redeemer". That is one of my mom's favorite songs and when the choir was singing it I could hear my sister Teril singing it too, in my head.

My final quote to leave you this week. and the final conference words from Pres. Monson "Play our part well."

1 comment:

walkinourshoes said...

Dear Hamblins,
I am so excited for Devree, she will do a great job, in her play. I agree that conference was wonderful. I loved Elder Holland's talk, about the Book of Mormon. Thanks for keeping up on posting. We love to hear how life is treating you.
Love, Craig, Koe and Kylee