Friday, July 31, 2009

Finally Out!

These are the nurses singing to the tune of "Oscar Meyer's B-O-L-O-G-N-A"

"Our Patients have the sweetest S-M-I-L-E

They also have the Kindest H-E-A-R-T.

Oh we love to see them everyday,

But now the time has come to say...

Pack your bags. Get off the floor.

You don't need Chemo anymore."


Then they threw confetti and gave her a sign and balloons.


This was at 9:30pm. We had been waiting since 3:30 pm for her TPN to be sent by pharmacy. I was happy to get back to the Target House, and so exhausted just getting Devree to bed and then going back down to the car to get our stuff. Wheeeeew! It was good to get back to the Target House to sleep in a good bed and not be interrupted by nurses all night long. But I kept waking up because I had nightmares that Devree was calling me and needed my help. She was always sleeping peacefully and woke up happy and told me about some of her dreams

We had to get to the hospital by 8:30 am and I had forgot to charge my computer so that is why this is so late today.


We are delaying the sock competition because we had a request from some cousins that their socks had not got here yet, so we will judge after we recieve their socks and we will get pictures of all of the socks. Look at past posts because we put more pictures on.


Today was a fantastic day, because Devree did not throw up and hasn't felt too nauseous. Our prayers are working already!

Love, Shana and Devree

2 comments:

walkinourshoes said...

I love the party pictures. We are so glad that today is better day. Hopefully, tomorrow will even be better. We love you so much.

Love, Craig, Koe and Kylee

Anonymous said...

Hooray!!! You are finally done! And what a way to finish, no V word!!! I am so happy for you and I hope you can recover very quickly and get on your way back home.
Love
Lisa