Sunday, May 15, 2011

So Busy! Did I remember to breathe?

Dane had his first piano recital.


He played with confidence. Bunny Hop and Traffic Jam were his pieces.


Here is his piano teacher. Thank you Mrs. S. This same night was Shay's Freshman Orientation at the High School. I didn't find him till the end, so I didn't get Shay's picture. This day I also substituted 4th graders and "one of the longest hours of my life" in the 5th grade. Todd immediately went home to prepare for the Scout Camporee.


We had Teacher Appreciation Dinner and this is Miss D. with Devree. Earlier this day was the Talent show at the Middle School where Shay was the MC. I got there late so I didn't get any pictures. I was substituting Early Childhood.



Devree gave a speech about how important knowledge is. She gave such a great talk that they asked her to speak again during church.


More of the Appreciation Dinner.



Another of Devree's Teacher's. Thank you Mrs. F.



Devree did a play on Monday. It was "Northwood's Nonsense". It was a comedy and Devree played a newscaster. DHS did a really good job with speaking loud enough and the acting.


Dear Red Eye, I don't like you. But possibly I will learn someday how to get rid of you. Or maybe get a better camera.


These are some of the posters that everyone has been commenting on for Shay's Freshman class President. Hopefully we find out tomorrow, Monday. We will let all of you know. The following pictures are all of the posters we made last week and one of Low Rider. Shay wore his suit many days and gave out stickers for the students.







What a needy dog! As busy as we are and he still demands attention! He drives me crazy.


So besides the pictures there was a baseball game for Dane on Tuesday with a hearing aid appointment for Devree and a vignette practice for me for the Stake Women's Conference. I subbed 3 days, had to get ready for the Scout campout for Todd and Shay. Devree also volunteered for a conserve water booth at Oodles of Noodles on Saturday. Devree also went to "Oaklahoma" with the Young Women on Friday night. I actually sat at home all by myself on Friday night. I was feeling a little lonely but then I got a phone call. A lady I visit teach lost her brother to suicide that day. Being at home gave me the time to make the necessary phone calls.


Saturday I dropped off Devree at 7:30 am to do her service and I drove to Women's Conference so we could run through the vignette's. Stake Women's Conference was so awe inspiring. It is exactly what I needed to get excited about making positive changes. I loved the many speakers and the conversation with friends.


That afternoon, I picked up Devree, came home and made dinner to deliver to the family and visited. Todd and the boys came home about 7:30pm. Dane had to go with Todd because there was no way we could leave him home through all of these other activities. He missed a baseball game but he had lots of fun and is looking forward to becoming a boy scout.


Sunday is finally a day of much needed REST...after my Sunday School lesson! We are anxiously waiting to hear from Noble. It is his P-Day already.


This week I look forward to exercising regularly, preparing my yard and getting ready to plant a garden. I might even make some bread, and cinnamon rolls are on order from the family. I am only scheduled to substitute 1 day this week and with my new exercise appointments, that is about all I can do. As I learned yesterday, "ENJOY LIFE- This is not a dress rehearsal".

1 comment:

Strollerblader said...

OK, Miss Devree: I love both of your hair(s) (??) in this post! The short hair is adorable and what I wish I could pull off if not for my fat face. And you as the news anchor?!??!! WOW!! You are a knockout!!

Good luck to Shay! Good to chat a bit with you yesterday, Shana!