Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Day 2 at St. Jude's


The Ky Rice kids with my family





The Ky Rice's eating breakfast





Me with my cool kid headphones in the audiologist's booth





My Bumble bee band aid




Dinner with the Breck Rice's





Me with some of the Breck Rice's (this one includes Jackson!)





Me with all the Germantown Young Women





Tayzia being our Chauffer





Welcome to Memphis!





Livin the Glam life in Memphis





Tayzia and I enjoying the low prices of Target!





Me and Mom w/ the Breck Rice cousins(minus Jackson)




So today we had to meet a speech therapist. It felt like Gifted and Talented testing for special ed. I just had to say what it was a picture of or what verb they were performing. Even though it was an easy test I didn’t get 100%. >=( oh well. I probably got a 98% because you never see someone developing film or directing traffic these days. I’ve also grown up with satellite dishes rather than an antenna. Whatever I still can’t win at the finger-to=nose game and that bothers me.
Then I had to go get blood work done. I don’t like that. Whenever I have to go get it done I would tell people I have to go see the vampires. Actually the nurses are really nice, the needles aren’t. Heh, today it was kinda funny because they gave me a bumble-bee band-aid. I started laughing to myself and when they asked why I said “It stings a little and you put bees on it!”
Then I went to a physical therapist. He was in rehab services and I didn’t like that mom kept saying “we have to go to rehab.” He told me I was strong. It made me feel good.
Then I went to an audiologist. She told me flat out that I was deaf in my right ear. That wasn’t cool…BUT she said the only thing wrong with my ear is the nerve so if my nerves heal I could get my hearing back! And that’s really good!
Then I met child life services. They’re my party people. They look out for me and make sure I have a little fun in my week .Pshhh, like I need their help! Just kidding.
Then we had lunch really quick and we were late to school but I guess it’s ok because my teacher wasn’t even sure if I was coming. We just talked more about my schooling plan.
Then I met my nutritionist. Generally she told me to keep up the good work because I’ve been eating healthy.
Then I went to a MRI which was no fun because they made me wear a hospital gown and I never held still enough for them. I fell asleep with the indigestion noises and all and they got mad at me. Eh, you just can’t please some people. Well, tonight I get to go to Young Women at Tayzia’s ward so I have to hurry off, see ya!
~Devree (Little Miss Alice)


8 comments:

tammyella said...

lol i'm so glad to hear....wait, make that see...... you writing again!!! it's good, it sounds like you're holding up really well. :) remember, Devree, ONCE A WEEK!!!!!!!! lol no, but try to give me a call every now and then when you feel up to it okay? you have no idea how much i'd like to hear our voice. i love you babe, and you're the strongest person i know. <3

walkinourshoes said...

Devree, we love the way you write. Memphis is taking good care of you. It is so nice to know that so many people are there for you. We sure love you.
Craig, Koe, and Kylee
Have fun at Young Women's.

Darcy said...

Looks like Noble loves Life cereal!! haha. That house is so big- wow!! I know you'll be able to win the nose to finger game soon.

tammyella said...

oh Devree.......i want to talk to you so badly right now.........whenever i was sad i was always able to call and talk to you and it made me feel better. now when i'm about to have a mental breakdown and i'm actually going to THERAPY i can't even talk to you......and after all you've helped me through i can't help you in any way with this...... i love you so much, i'd do anything for you babe. call me at any hour day or night okay?

Breck, Celest, Tayzia, Talon, Kallie, and Jackson Rice said...

Hi Devree, I know that you are busy having your lumbar punch right now. . . .well, actually your LP (ha, ha). I just wanted to say how much I loved reading your witty and cute posting! I loved the picture of your bumble bee bandaid. Hang in there today because this weekend we are going to party! Jackson wants to know when the COUSINS are coming back. . . this includes Shana and Todd too. It was sad to say good-bye to Todd last night. We will miss you. . . kiss all those cute boys for us when you get home. Love, Aunt Celest

Ky and Tammie plus 7 said...

I loved all the pictures! Devree you are surrounded by angels!!

We love you all,
Aunt Tammie

angelicindy said...

YEA! I love, love, love pictures. They say that a picture is worth a thousand words and I can tell that you're really doing well and enjoying those happy moments when they come. Thank you for posting!

Unknown said...

Dear Devree and Shana,

Hi, this is Debbie Fauvell. Devree we knew you when you were a little girl and lived in Fernley Nevada. We heard from Lesa Brazell all you have been going through and wanted to send our love and prayers with you. Our daughter was diagnosed with a brain tumor Christmas 2004, and we want you to know that we can understand to some degree the challenges you are facing. We know that you can ge through this with our Heavenly Fathers help. We will keep you in our prayers. Love, Debbie, Dan and Kaylee Fauvell