Friday, June 5, 2009

Friday is Better

We talked to the doctor about getting some IV anti nausea meds and so we will go to the medicine room everyday for some ativan, kytrill and today we might ask for finergin and benedryl. Devree still dry heaved last night and this morning but it is much better than doing the v thing. She already lost 2 more pounds and she looks like a halocaust victim. Her hip bones stick out and her eyes are sunken. She has no meat on her bones. It seems I find whatever she looses. She also is starting to get little freckles all over her head. I noticed on another medulloblastoma patient that she got huge brown spots all over her head. I am going to ask the doctor today. But I already know it ia a side effect of the chemo. The poor girls have definitely not been in the sun to get spots. And if it is sun damage from earlier years, it doesn't make since to have them all over your head that was covered and protected by hair. Just another interesting thing about cancer and the side effects of the treatment.

I started feeling better and I know it was because of your prayers. Today I could sing "There is sunshine in my soul today!" It is a brighter sunnier day. I was able to read a whole Nicholas Sparks book yesterday. That shows you how much we wait around for stuff. I was able to get a library card because I opened a bank account here. The Library card was almost like applying for a credit card and in Memphis, you have to rent DVD's' CD's etc. It is a great library and the biggest public library I have ever seen. The sad part is, while I was at the library, I missed the Germantown Relief Society Presidency. That was the day that my cell phone didn't work. That was so kind of them to visit me.

Elder Russell M. Nelson said "Prayer begins with individual initiative." May we always have that initiative.

5 comments:

walkinourshoes said...

We are looking forward to seeing the boys, tomorrow. That is great that Uncle Todd gets to come to you, while the boys are here. We hope that it keeps getting better everyday, for you.
Love, Koe

Summer said...

I have been on Fenergin when i was prego with Kayleb adn Thayne. It helped me alot. they would nopt give it to me here in canada though. So I was sick the whole time with Tripp. Sorry Devs is sooo sick agin. We are sending our Love to you both. Love the Hatch's

Arianne said...

Hello Hamblins,

We were thinking of you today and wanted to wave in your direction. I have really enjoyed the General Authority quotes you have been sharing. Tomorrow's Fast Sunday...

Love you!

Breck, Celest, Tayzia, Talon, Kallie, and Jackson Rice said...

We love you!!!!!!!! Hang in there. Can't wait to see you tonight. Love, Aunt Celest and Fam

Johnson Family said...

Hey Shana and Devree! I was thinking about you today - in Gospel Doctrine Bro. Creswell talked about how those in the Celestial Kingdom will be those that are "Valiant." He read a quote from Bruce R. McConkie about what that means...and asked if anyone felt discouraged about it. I had the thought that we were valiant spirits before we came to earth...and that it is still in us, that we have that Divinity and being here on earth is a time for us to rediscover and to develop that valiant "status", and that to truly be valiant, we need our Savior, Jesus Christ. Thanks for your example of divine nature and of showing your valiant spirits.