Friday, June 19, 2009

Jonas Bros. & SIMMs Party.

Devree’s spirits are better today.

We just got 2 new surprises in the mail. SIMMs 3 arrived, and Devree’s pre-ordered Jonas Bros. CD also came in the mail. It’s like Christmas in June. It makes me smile to see her devouring the lyrics to her new album. Its 10:30 PM and the Jonas Bros. new album is playing. I’m loading SIMMs 3 on our laptop, and the nurse enters carrying the IV bag of Devree’s meal. She says, “You’re having a party and I brought the pizza and ice cream! Am I invited?”, she says holding up the IV bag. Devree answers, “Of course, you brought the pizza and ice cream. lol

She started talking to the nurse about her dog, and her family coming to visit. All the happy stuff has bubbled to the surface. I’m so glad to have Devree perk up. When Celest and Brenda Griffin came to visit, they could tell that Devree was struggling a little with gloomy feelings. Today we have our Devree back. I’m loving the party right along with Devree. The nurse is visiting with her and Dev’s is teasing and laughing.

I wish I had a camera to take pictures of the hospital room. She has a Jonas Bros. poster, and cute mormon ad posters, Meghan Jones’ Fox in Socks drawing, Jackson, Celest, and Tazia Rice’s drawings on the windows, cards from Gerry Anderson, Nica Scott, Debbie Fauvell. Grandma Rice, Jeanni Jones. I think Devree Hamblin has the most cheerful room in the hospital. It is no secret that this girl is very loved. These are just the latest cards, when you visit her room in Target House II, there is a whole wall of cards that just lift our spirits.

It makes me have misty eyes and a lump in my throat to see how much love and support Devree and Shana have received. Our girls have been away, but they definitely are not alone and forgotten. Thank you to each and every one of you that have done so much to love and lift Devree and Shana.


I love you all tons!!!
Todd

3 comments:

walkinourshoes said...

Dear Uncle Todd and Devree,

A party, that is wonderful, that means you are feeling much better. And, yes you are so loved by trillions! What day is Devree's birthday? I know that it is in July, and at the being, but I don't know the exacted date. We would like to know. Sure love you, tons.

Love, Craig, Koe and Kylee

Darcy said...

You sure did have a party! Tell Dev that I finally read Twilight... and obviously really liked it!

Shana Hamblin said...

Koe, it WAS a fun party! We listened to the JoBros at least twice until Midnite. I love sims 3!!! It has like 20 different kinds of eyebrows!

Darcy,I don't have to tell you anything but I TOLD you you'd like it!